Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A no post


Summer has been so busy, crazy, stressful, fun, wonderful, and sooo short. You know how we bought an old 60's style ranch house to fix up? Well thats what we did all summer (I swear we like doing that stuff). Nick worked like a champion and I gave my orders and approvals. Don't you love before and after pictures? Me too! and I had tons to share. But somehow we have lost all of our photos from like the last 5 years. Steps are being taken to retrieve them, don't fret. Until then enjoy this lone photo of Xavier (and his cousin) that somehow got attached to my desktop. It could be the one and only from summer 2010.

4 comments:

paulak said...

Dang...I hope you get them back. That is such a disappointment...huh?

Blanchards said...

Ang, we wish you could have been with us on the trip. You and Rachel could have swam with the turtles while Nick and I sat on the beach worrying about it the whole time and yelling at you not to get too close. I really want to see the before and after photos of your house and an update on the boys. How is Twin Falls? Hopefully not too hot and windy. We miss you guys. Tell Nick hi. Brian

Chelsea said...

Hi Angie, it's Chelsea, Alisha's friend. I thought I'd just post a response on your blog since you are more likely to see it! :) Thanks for your compliments!

About the lens, you are right that it is THE piece of equipment that will vastly improve the quality of your pictures. Everything changed when I finally got good lenses. :)

Of course, having an SLR camera of sufficient quality and then learning how to use it is important, but seriously, the lens is the thing. A list of the lenses I use can be found on my photography blog: http://chelsealaurenphotography.blogspot.com/. The lens I use most, and the one I'd recommend, is the 18-50mm Macro lens. I have the Sigma brand and it's great. Just make sure it's macro.

If you want to learn more about the basics of cameras and photography, my absolute favorite reference book is "Understanding Exposure." Good luck!

Blanchards said...

Ang ~ I went and watched January Jones and obviously is has been quite awhile since you last saw me! Thanks for the compliment though, she is darling. I am still going to tell Brian. hehe Love you, Rach